There are some interior design trends that are here to stay. These trends have stood the test of time and continue to be popular among homeowners and designers alike. If you are thinking about renovating your home or updating your décor, you should consider incorporating some of these trends into your design. In this blog post, we will discuss three of the most popular interior design trends that are here to stay!
Characterized by simplicity, functionality, and minimalism, Scandinavian design has been around for centuries. This timeless style is perfect for small spaces and can be easily achieved with a few key pieces. Look for furniture with clean lines and neutral colors, and don’t be afraid to mix and match different textures. Wood accents and natural light will also help create that cozy Scandi feeling.
Eclectic design is all about mixing and matching different styles to create a unique look. The key to pulling off this trend is to select a few cohesive elements and then have fun mixing things up. For example, you might want to pair a mid-century modern sofa with an antique coffee table and some bohemian throw pillows.
Here are a few tips to get you started with your eclectic design:
- Start with a neutral base. This will help you create a foundation for your design and allow you to easily mix and match different pieces.
- Choose a few key elements. Having too many different pieces can make your space look cluttered, so it’s important to select a few key pieces that you really love.
- Create a focal point. An eclectic design can be chaotic if there isn’t a focal point. Choose one element that will serve as the center of your design, such as a piece of art or a vibrant area rug.
- Have fun with it! The best part about eclectic design is that there are no rules. So, go ahead and mix and match different styles, textures, and colors to create a space that is uniquely yours.
Pro Advice: Not sure how to mix different styles together? Hire an interior designer! They can help you create a cohesive and stylish space that reflects your unique taste.
- 1 Mixed Metals
- 2 Natural Elements and Materials
- 3 Geometric Patterns
- 4 Sectional Sofas
- 5 Smart Home Technology
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions About Interior Design Trends
- 7 Final Thoughts
Gone are the days of matching your metals! These days, it’s all about mixing it up. Try pairing copper light fixtures with brass door hardware or using silver vases as accent pieces on a mantle decorated with gold frames. Not only will this add visual interest to your space, but it will also give you the freedom to change things up in the future without having to replace everything.
When it comes to mixed metals, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Create a balance. Too much of one metal can make your space look mismatched, so be sure to use a variety of metals throughout your design.
- Choose complementary colors. Not all metals go well together. For example, brass and copper have a similar color, so they will work well together. However, brass and silver have different colors, so they might not be the best combination.
- Think about finishes. The finish of your metals is just as important as the metal itself. For example, a brushed nickel faucet might not go well with shiny gold door hardware.
Pro Tip: It can be helpful to create a mood board or inspiration file when you are mixing different metals. This will help you visualize your design and ensure that all of the elements work well together.
Natural Elements and Materials
There’s nothing like bringing the outdoors inside to make a space feel more inviting. Incorporating natural elements into your design is a great way to do just that. This interior design trend is all about using materials that are sourced from nature, such as wood, stone, and plants.
Here are a few tips for incorporating natural elements into your home:
- Use wood accents. Wood furniture and décor items add warmth and character to any space. Plus, they can be easily incorporated into any design style.
- Add plants. Not only do plants add a touch of nature to your home, but they can also improve your indoor air quality.
- Incorporate stone. Stone floors, countertops, and fireplace surrounds are beautiful and timeless. Plus, they are low maintenance and easy to clean.
Pro Tip: When using natural materials in your home, it’s important to consider the maintenance. For example, wood furniture needs to be dusted and polished on a regular basis, while stone floors should be sealed every few years.
This interior design trend is all about playing with shapes and angles. From hexagon tiles to chevron rugs, there are endless ways to incorporate geometric patterns into your home.
As you incorporate geometric patterns into your design, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Less is more. When it comes to geometric patterns, less is definitely more. Too many patterns can make a space feel busy and cluttered.
- Choose complementary colors. Geometric patterns are often very bold, so it’s important to choose colors that complement each other. For example, you might pair a black and white rug with a brightly colored couch.
- Create balance. As with any design element, it’s important to create balance when using geometric patterns. For example, if you have a busy pattern on your floors, then you might want to keep your walls more neutral.
Pro Tip: If you’re not sure where to start, try incorporating geometric patterns into your home décor. Smaller items, such as rugs and throw pillows, are a great way to test out this trend.
Sectional sofas are a great way to maximize seating in your living room. They’re perfect for large families or homes with frequent visitors. And, thanks to their modular design, they can be easily reconfigured to suit your changing needs. This trend is perfect for those who want both style and function in their living room.
When shopping for a sectional sofa, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Size. Sectional sofas come in all shapes and sizes. Be sure to measure your space before you purchase one to ensure that it will fit.
- Style. Sectional sofas are available in a variety of styles, from traditional to contemporary. Choose a style that fits your personal taste and the overall design of your home.
- Color. Just like with any piece of furniture, you’ll want to choose a color that complements your existing décor. Neutrals, such as black and grey, are always a safe bet. But if you’re feeling bold, then go for something brighter!
However, if you’re not ready for a complete overhaul, then consider incorporating one or two of these trends into your existing décor. Small changes can make a big impact in any space.
Smart Home Technology
Smart home technology is another interior design trend that is here to stay. This trend is all about making your life easier with the help of technology. There are a variety of smart home products available, from thermostats to security systems. And thanks to advances in technology, these products are becoming more and more affordable.
If you’re interested in incorporating smart home technology into your home, then here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Research different products. There are a lot of different smart home products on the market. Do your research to find the ones that best fit your needs.
- Create a budget. Smart home technology can be expensive. So, it’s important to create a budget and stick to it.
- Think about installation. Some smart home products are easy to install, while others require professional help. Be sure to factor installation costs into your budget.
Pro Tip: Start small when incorporating smart home technology into your home. There’s no need to go overboard at first. Instead, start with one or two products and see how they fit into your daily routine. You can always add more later on.
Frequently Asked Questions About Interior Design Trends
Now that you know about some of the hottest interior design trends, you might have a few questions. Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions:
Why are certain interior design trends popular?
Different interior design trends become popular for different reasons. Some, like geometric patterns, make a space feel more modern and stylish. Others, like smart home technology, are all about convenience and making your life easier. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide which trends are right for your home.
When do interior design trends change?
Interior design trends are always changing. However, some trends, like sectional sofas and smart home technology, are here to stay. That being said, it’s important to keep your home up-to-date with the latest trends. This will ensure that your space looks its best and functions the way you need it to.
How can I incorporate interior design trends into my home?
There are a few different ways to incorporate interior design trends into your home. If you’re starting from scratch, then you can use these trends as the foundation for your décor. Or, if you already have a space that you love, then you can incorporate one or two of these trends into your existing décor. Small changes can make a big impact in any space.
As you can see, there are a variety of interior design trends that are here to stay. From sectional sofas to smart home technology, these trends can help you create a stylish and functional space. It’s important to keep your home up-to-date with the latest trends. This will ensure that your space looks its best and functions the way you need it to. Now that you know about some of the hottest interior design trends, you can start incorporating them into your home today.